Thursday, October 8, 2009

“give me your tried, your poor, your huddled masses”


When my family and i traveled to Mexico this past summer we visited a secluded island named Isla Mujeres. It was a beautiful day to take pictures because the lighting as you can see was fantastic, it was about 4pm so there was really nice horizontal sunlight. I am a stickler on exceptional image quality so that might be why i was so pleased with this shot. The bright light allowed me to use a fast shudder speed immediately eliminating any blur. I shot this originally in color but it didn’t completely please me until i put it in gray-scale. I increased the contrast only slightly because the harsh shadows and bright highlights made by the sunlight gave me a good amount of contrast. Also the difference between the smooth flowing clouds and the crisp detail of the craggy rocks makes a great contrast in texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment