Monday, October 5, 2009

ezekiel


Once upon a time the largest room in my house that everybody spent the majority of time in was under construction…. there was a lot of debris floating around. To prevent it from reaching the kitchen this fine piece of plastic was taped into my house dividing the room making life considerably more challenging to be honest. One day i was on one side of this obstruction and my parents were on the other. The farther away they stood from the plastic blanket the more it distorted their silhouettes. My mind began to create a shoot involving this new addition to our home. I soon came up with the setup that you can see here. First i set this up by fixing two of my continuous lights behind my model side by side to make sure her head and upper body were well outlined. I then grabbed her a stool to sit down on and asked her to be mindful of the shape of her body because that was the focal point of the picture. Before the shoot i explained to her in very deep detail what i was looking for in these pictures and she nailed it. Which i am very thankful for, because besides only a few adjustments i barely had to pose her. I then became aware a quite a large fan in the room. As you can see, i used it to add more depth to the picture. The plastic being pressed against her created interesting patterns for example her left leg creating what appears to look like a spider web. The hi-lights from behind also help show distance and the shape of her body. After this pictures was taken i played with it in CS4 and created the image you see here. I pixelated her chest, hands, and face to show a contrast in textures. When i began this shoot i was thinking it would make a creative portrait but now as i look at it, it seems like an abstract depiction of an angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment