Thursday, October 8, 2009

“does this food make me look fat”


In photo 2 we were assigned to choose either to mimic either Cindy Sherman’s or Nate Larson’s style of photography. I chose to use Cindy Sherman’s approach. Her photos show the different roles women play in society. My initial reaction to this assignment was to do the traditional housewife, doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, i wanted to do something different then what was expected so i chose a specific group of women to show. I chose to women with self image problems. Many women aren’t happy with their body, always too fat, too thin, not tan enough or not wearing enough makeup. I wanted to express how some women feel they need to sneak around to eat. Also how people are judgemental and if women eat too much and are thin are considered bulimic, and if they are thin and didn’t eat as much as everyone else she’s considered anorexic. It’s pretty unfair if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment