Thursday, October 8, 2009

don’t read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly


This photo was taken a few days ago and i was so pleased with it i felt obligated to post it and use it for my midterm. This was taken in my house, obviously on my staircase. It was a tricky shot because there is actually no wall at the end of the banister so i had to create it myself using the clone stamp and the paint tool. After i blended, paint brushed and cropped this image, it created the composition you see here. I increased the highlights and contrast in the levels tool to give it a more dramatic feel. The reason i enjoy this photo so much is how the banister on the wall, crease in her pants and molding on the near wall elongates her body. For this photo i had her wear very high waisted slacks to elongate her legs, adding to the pants the blouse gives the picture an early 40’s look with a little bit of edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment